A house concert series highlighting regional musical talent.
The purpose of the Fine Tuned Society™ is to provide a supportive audience in a home setting that meets in good fellowship to encourage graduates of the University of Colorado's College of Music and of other regional music programs who are preparing for future auditions and engagements.
How does it Work?
The music performed will be pieces the young musicians are currently preparing. A contribution of $20 per person will be collected at the door to be distributed to the musicians for their efforts. To complete the evening, a potluck is included for fellowship and camaraderie.
Event Details and Frequently Asked Questions
- WHO ARE THE MUSICIANS? The musicians are graduates of the University of Colorado College of Music and their colleagues who need an audience to prepare themselves for upcoming auditions and future concerts. The purpose of the audience is to enjoy and to appreciate the performance. As musicians are usually competing for roles, it is refreshing to prepare for a friendly, encouraging audience.
- WHEN DO THEY MEET? Once a month typically the first Friday in Erie.
- WHAT TIME DO THEY MEET? Potluck dinner begins at 6pm. The music begins approximately at 7pm. Dessert sweets will be served during intermission break. The musical program lasts about 1.5-2 hours.
- WHERE DO THEY MEET? They meet at the home of Margot Crowe in Erie.
- WHAT TO BRING TO POTLUCK? Savory or sweet dish to share or wine if you wish!
- WHY CHARGE $20? It is our purpose to support the efforts of the musicians to be fine tuned for their future engagements. All musicians have spent years of study to achieve their level of skill. We are privileged to enjoy their music that would be more expensive in another setting.
- HOW TO RSVP: Click the ATTEND buttons below or visit the Boulder Concerts page to submit your RSVP and potluck item.
- HOW TO RECEIVE EMAIL INVITATIONS: Click the Boulder Concerts button and scroll down to the email subscription form. You may need to verify your email address through MailChimp.