A house concert series highlighting regional musical talent.
The purpose of the Fine Tuned Society™ is to provide a supportive audience in a home setting that meets in good fellowship to encourage graduates of the University of Colorado's College of Music and of other regional music programs who are preparing for future auditions and engagements.
How does it Work?
The music performed will be pieces the young musicians are currently preparing. A contribution of $20 per person will be collected at the door to be distributed to the musicians for their efforts. To complete the evening, a potluck is included for fellowship and camaraderie.
Event Details and Frequently Asked Questions
- WHO ARE THE MUSICIANS? The musicians are graduates of the University of Colorado College of Music and their colleagues who need an audience to prepare themselves for upcoming auditions and future concerts. The purpose of the audience is to enjoy and to appreciate the performance. As musicians are usually competing for roles, it is refreshing to prepare for a friendly, encouraging audience.
- WHEN DO THEY MEET? Once a month typically on a Saturday afternoon in Boulder and Sunday in Denver.
- WHAT TIME DO THEY MEET? The tea begins at 2pm. The music begins approximately at 2:45/3pm. Dessert sweets will be served during intermission break. The event will last approximately two-and-a-half hours.
- WHERE DO THEY MEET? They meet at St. Aidan's church in Boulder and in the penthouse party room of a highrise overlooking Cheesman Park in Denver.
- WHAT TO BRING TO POTLUCK? Savory or sweet bites to share or sherry if you wish!
- WHY CHARGE $20? It is the purpose to support the efforts of the musicians to be fine tuned for their future engagements. All musicians have spent years of study to achieve their level of skill. We are privileged to enjoy their music that would be more expensive in another setting.
- HOW TO RSVP: Click the ATTEND buttons below or in the menu dropdown to submit your RSVP and potluck item.
- HOW TO RECEIVE EMAIL INVITATIONS: Choose the Boulder or Denver venue and scroll down to the email subscription form. You may need to verify your email address through MailChimp.